Information for G03185
Flyer: Young citizens: youth and participatory governance in Africa
Download the flyer for PLA 64 Young citizens: youth and participatory governance in Africa
All over the world citizens are starting to demand accountability from those in power. We are seeing exciting experiments in participatory governance. But are they working for young people? What spaces are most promising for the participation of children and young people in governance?
PLA 64 explores ways of communication, appraisal, monitoring and research which are involving young people in decision-making. It asks:
• How can we re-shape how young people perceive and exercise citizenship?
• How can we redefine and deepen the links between young citizens and the state?
This special issue was developed and written by and with young people, reflects on these questions and challenges. It includes 19 case studies about young people’s engagement in participatory governance. The articles were developed during a week-long writeshop in Nairobi, Kenya in March 2011.
- IIED code: G03185
- Published: Dec 2011 - IIED
- Area: Africa
- Theme: Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Source pub: Participatory Learning and Action 64 Young citizens: youth and participatory governance in Africa