Information for G02134
Editorial (PLA 52)
Participatory Learning and Action 52 is a general issue. It includes a wide selection of articles, extracts and training tips from participatory practitioners around the world:
• developing paralegal extension services in Cameroon;
• using PRA with disabled people to promote social inclusion in India;
• management innovations in government agricultural extension services in Namibia;
• participatory land use planning processes with land reform groups in South Africa;
• raising awareness of vulnerability to HIV/AIDS with Maasai communities in Tanzania;
• supporting village-level projects with a conservation programme in Tibet;
• involving children in municipal planning in Turkey; and,
• community-based planning for a road improvement scheme in the UK.
This issue also includes a selection of five extracts from Robert Chamber's new book ‘Ideas for Development’ published by Earthscan Ltd. Training tips include Reflect approaches to numeracy and running participatory photographic workshops.
Participatory Learning and Action (PLA, formerly PLA Notes) is the world's leading series on participatory learning and action approaches and methods. PLA publishes articles on participation aimed at practitioners, researchers, academics and activists. All articles are peer-reviewed by an international editorial board.