Information for 14500IIED
PLA 52: Participatory Learning and Action - General Issue
This issue includes a wide selection of articles, extracts and training tips from participatory practitioners around the world.
* developing paralegal extension services in Cameroon;
* using PRA with disabled people to promote social inclusion in India;
* management innovations in government agricultural extension services in Namibia;
* participatory land use planning processes with land reform groups in South Africa;
* raising awareness of vulnerability to HIV/AIDS with Maasai communities in Tanzania;
* supporting village-level projects with a conservation programme in Tibet;
* involving children in municipal planning in Turkey; and,
* community-based planning for a road improvement scheme in the UK.
This issue also includes a selection of five extracts from Robert Chamber’s new book, Ideas for Development, published by Earthscan Ltd. Training tips include Reflect approaches to numeracy, and running participatory photographic workshops.