Information for G03257
Morocco - Key factors relating to the integration of small- and medium-sized Moroccon olive oil producers into modern markets
The aim of this report is to present an analysis of two case studies of small- and medium-sized producers seeking to participate in the large-scale retail markets. We decided that the following questions needed to be asked:
• How do small- and medium-sized olive oil producers operate?
• What efforts have these producers made to penetrate large-scale retail markets?
• What costs have they incurred in this process?
• Are the efforts they have made sufficient to overcome the difficulties of getting into these markets?
• Are there any alternative market outlets for these producers?
• Does the way in which they are organized facilitate their integration in modern markets?
This publication forms part of the Regoverning Markets project.