Information for 10534IIED
DVD: Presenting 9 Films on the work of federations of the urban poor in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Cambodia, Kenya, Ghana and India.
DVD (any region) + Book/Report
SHACK DWELLERS INTERNATIONAL has produced a DVD with nine films covering the work of federations of the urban poor in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Cambodia, Kenya, Ghana and India. It also includes a film on an exchange between the South African federations and Argentina. Copies of this may be purchased from IIED – see below for details.The nine films are:
· “Collecting Money, Collecting People!” – The South African Homeless People’s Federation (SAHPF)
. Includes some history of how it was formed, how they organize savings and loans, how they learnt from the Indian federations, how they build together.
· “Against All Odds” – The Zimbabwe Homeless People’s Federation (ZHPF) 1998–2003.
· “Upgrading 100 settlements in 1 year” – Solidarity for the Urban Poor Federation (SUPF), Cambodia.
· “In the Name of Development” – Muungano Wa Wanavijiji, Kenyan Federation.
· “If Push Comes to Shove” – The Ghana Homeless People’s Federation (GHPF).
· “From Conflict to Engagement” – Partnership between SAHPF and the Durban Metro around sanitation.
· “Seeing is Believing” – Indian Alliance (Mahila Milan/National Slum Dweller’s Federation (NSDF)/Society for the Promotion of Area Resource Centre (SPARC)).
· Methodist Church of Southern Africa (MCSA) in partnership with Community Organization Resource Centre (CORC).
· “South Africa and Argentina Exchange” – Horizontal learning between South African and Argentinean SDI affiliates.